Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Reason I Had Kids



So I figure we should have 4 kids...1 for the kitchen, 1 for the bathrooms, 1 for the yard, and 1 for the laundry. Totally kidding! But it was nice to have Adam cleaning along side me today. I was washing down all of our white woodwork and cabinets when Adam decided to clean the floors. He actually did a great job and kept saying how much fun he was having. Then he cleaned his whole room all by himself (which he does pretty often) and had me walk in with my eyes closed so he could suprise me with how clean it was. I'm sure this excitement for cleaning will fade fast so I am taking full advantage while I can!

6 comments:

Tana said...

I love it. Is it too soon to get some child labor over here? I got floors too! Big dirty ones.

Cameron, Shannon Voge said...

How cute! Hallie loves to clean too, she even got her own squirt bottle and rag last year for her birthday as a gag gift, and she loved it!? Kids are so funny. Adam sure looks like a pro though, what a cutie.

lish and toby said...

They think it's fun now - I don't know why. But yes TAKE ADVATAGE! Chase is way in to scrubbing the toilets...sure go right ahead!

Anja said...

Now that is why I have kids, Chase already takes out the garbage!!

Anonymous said...

Adam is so sweet. I love that cute little boy sooooooo much. I am a very lucky Nana.

Kirsten said...

he really needs to give lydia lessons.
the other day, i got out of the shower and heard water running/dishes banging together. i investigate. both have dragged chairs over to the kitchen sink. lydia says, "prize, momma! we're washing dishes!" she has the water running full blast and puts a dish underneath it for a few seconds, then wipes it with a dry dishtowel, and puts it back in the sink. i tell myself that this is a good thing. i tell myself that its an even better thing that i was doing laundry that day anyway, and planning on mopping the floor. i go far away to take slow calming breaths because i HATE it when they want to help with dishes, but they were being so sweet, so how could i stop them? i did stop them, though, when dalton turned over a pot full of water onto the floor.