Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Good Idea Turned Bad!

So tonight before putting Adam to bed, I decided for scripture study I would help him memorize "The First Article of Faith". Seemed like a great Idea....WRONG!

Me: Copy what I say, alright. We Believe in God, the Eternal Father

Adam: We bewieve in God, the INternal Father

Me: And in His Son, Jesus Christ

Adam: And in His Son, Jesus Christ...Oh mommy I know who Jesus is!

Me: Good Job! And in the Holy Ghost.

Adam: No Mommy! Ghost's are scary! Is it like a spooky Halloween Ghost?

Me: No, he's a nice Ghost and helps us to be safe and happy

Adam: So the scriptures are all about scary ghost and mean people, huh?

Yeah, so this went on for quite a while until I was able to convince Adam that the scriptures are not spooky....

I just had to laugh!

3 comments:

The Keenan Family said...

Isnt it so funny how kids think! I used to be soo scared of the scriptures when I was little.

Anonymous said...

hmmm weird

Richard Jackman said...

That is really funny. You should submit it to Overheard In The Ward. I think it would be a great addition. Overheard In The Ward