Thursday, September 18, 2008

Our Trip to Washington


Okay, I am so lame! It has been forever since I added anything to our blog. So much has happened! Adam, Tyler, and I went to Washington to visit my family for 2 weeks. We had a great time. It is always bittersweet because I love to see my family, but it makes me miss them even more when I drive the 8 hours back home.



Our first item of business was getting my siblings Adrian, Jennifer, and Daniel off to BYU-Idaho. Adrian had his friend Laura visiting so I got to meet her, which was great! Daniel was just starting his first semester so him and Jennifer drove in a VERY loaded down Archibald (their car). It was like a puzzle getting everything to fit! Good Luck at school guys!












Then I was able to visit one of my best friends, Amy Gabel. She has a little girl Jael who is just adorable. Her and Adam kept doing "Cheers" while they drank their juice. So cute!




I also got to spend a couple days with my good friend Rachel. We have been friends since Saghalie Jr. High and still keep in touch. She is in the Airforce and lives all the way in Belgium at NATO as a reporter for AFN. We had so much fun hanging in the F-Dub! We went to the SeaTac Mall and Dash Pointe Beach. Jennifer also came with us to the beach, it was great! I can't wait until she moves back to the states in November even if it is on the other side of the nation!










One of the not so fun parts of the trip was when my dad and sister Laura were in a car accident. They came away okay for the most part, but the car... not so much!



On Saturday we met up with some of the rest of the family, including Jacki, my cousin/best friend and her two boys, some of the Sirrine family, the Jeff and Val VanderHoevens, my parents and Laura. We went to Northwest Trek, which is kind of like a zoo but for native animals more specifically. There is a tram there that goes through the park where animals roam free. Adam was totally terrified to get on the tram but ended up loving it! Even Tyler loved the wind on his face and looking at the light patterns the trees made. After NW Trek we all met up at the Sirrine home with more of the family and had a fire in the backyard with yummy burgers. Conner and Adam fell asleep in the car but later enjoyed some ice cream!






I helped my mom decorate the tables for her Enrichment meeting. We used Dahlias so I was able to go to the Dahlia farm. The flowers were bigger than Adam and just gorgeous!



Mario couldn't believe how much Tyler had grown when we got home! He is smiling so big now that his toes wiggle, but it is so hard to catch it on camera!
We did like a million other things but I still need to add the pics to my computer. More to follow!

3 comments:

Sirrine said...

You guys look like you had alot of fun!!! It was so good to see you!!!

Tana said...

If Tyler is going to be growing that much in 2 weeks then your not allowed to leave. I going to miss it all! He is so cute.

lish and toby said...

What an exciting two weeks you had!! Great pics and memories. Glad that your family is safe too