Thursday, September 25, 2008

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!






Yesterday marked 26 years since my parents were married. In this day and age 26 years is quite a feat and I can really tell that my parents love each other. You never hear them talking bad about the other or being disrespectful. In fact one of the only times I got in trouble as a kid was when I talked rude to my mom and my dad got really angry about it. That's when I learned that you always stand up for your spouse and support them. I always try to learn from my parents how to make my marriage even stronger.




Not only are they great to each other, they are great to us kids. Growing up I never doubted my parents loved for me and can't remember ever arguing with them. They taught us about Christ and that our family can be together forever. What more important thing is there to teach a child?




They are also amazing grandparents. Adam and Tyler love their Nana and Papa! Even though we live far away Adam talks to them several times a week. I'm sure they can't really understand what he says but they always listen. As a mother I always look to my parents for guidance and advice, which they always wait to give until I ask for it. I am so grateful for their love, support, and friendship!




So Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! Here is to another 26 years and an eternity as a family!


2 comments:

Tana said...

Sweet! 26 years is a great milestone. Happy Anniversary!

Sirrine said...

Happy Anniversary indeed!!!