Friday, September 26, 2008

Goodbye Altima!


A few weeks ago we sold our Nissan Altima to Mario's brother. I was actually really sad to see it go! Mario was driving that car when I met him. It is the car we drove on our first date and many many dates after that. We even got engaged in that car. Might not sound like that romantic of a proposal but it was! Might as well tell the story...


The short version is, Mario pretended like he was breaking up with me (yeah, not very nice!) and wanted to take me on a drive to talk about it. It was well after BYU-I's curfew, but we went anyway. He told me that he wasn't so sure that we should get married and he needed to pray about it. So we ended up at the Idaho Falls Temple and since it was poring down rain and the middle of the night we stayed in the car. He said a prayer asking if it was the Lord's will if we got married. I am of course super upset because I thought we were breaking up, but then I open my eyes and see a ring. Mario laughed and said that of course he wanted to marry me but that he wanted it to be a surprise. I almost killed him but was thrilled!


I digress....so anyway.... we drove that car to Washington to get married and then down to California for our Honeymoon. We drove it to the hospital when Adam was born and Mario drove it to the hospital when Tyler was born. It has been on countless road trips and has never given us trouble.


I never thought I would grow attached to a car, but I'll miss you Altima!


(Maybe I'll miss it less when Mario replaces it with a new car

for me!)

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

you didn't name the car? remember when you told us your engagement story on the way home from our porter's date? i still could have killed mario (in that same car!), but you guys are perfect for each other.
so good to finally see you (and tyler) again!

Anja said...

What a cute story, although I would have killed my husband if he did that to me! Now that you mention it, whenever I sell the car I have now, I'll be sad too! I brought both my babies home in it!

Cameron, Shannon Voge said...

Awww, how sad! It makes me think of the car that we still have that we had many firsts with like your car! That's a cute proposal story though!