Sunday, January 2, 2011

TWO?!?!

For years we have had church at 9am. Now with the new year we are meeting at 2pm! Yes, that is church from 2-5pm. It was dark when we left for home. We literally walked inside, made and ate a quick dinner (spaghetti omlet...yes, you read that right), read scriptures, brushed teeth and put the kids to bed. So weird! I haven't decided if I like it yet. This morning was amazing since Mario didn't have his meeting (he is the Elder's Quorum President and has to go to ward council) until 12:30, when it used to be at 7am. The extra relaxation was nice, not to mention we were actually early to church. I know, shocking, right?! But it is still just weird to get out so late.


On a side note: I taught Relief Society today. I think it went pretty well. I talked about learning from the past and then having faith in the future. I learned that the roof to the Manti temple was actually built by ship builders. They didn't know how to make a roof so they built a boat and turned it upside down. How cool is that? Connie Neville held Alex for me, since Mario was teaching Elder's Quorum, and he actually fell asleep. She is amazing.

Today was also Oma's birthday. She passed away over 5 years ago but I still think of her often. I would have loved for my kids to know her. I am so grateful that we have been sealed as a family and will get to see her again someday. I can just imagine her reading a book to my boys. She was such a fantastic story teller. Happy Birthday Oma!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Oma, that is one of my favorites. I wish I could hear her read a story again. Some day we will.