Friday, January 7, 2011

#3 The Details of Dating


For this blog challenge I am supposed to talk about the perfect first date. I think my first date with Mario was pretty dang perfect so I will talk about that. We had met on a Sunday evening (April 2003) when Mario was on the way to have dinner with a girl and her family. After his date he came back and asked me out for the next night. What a player! I should feel bad for the girl....but I don't. We went out Monday night, which probably was pretty irresponsible because we should have been at FHE or doing homework since it was the week before final exams.

Mario drove me to Applebees in Idaho Falls. I ordered chicken fettuccine alfredo and Mario ordered a lot of meat. There was a Mariner's game on in the background, good food to eat, and an amazing guy across from me. Mario was so sweet and gentlemanly. After dinner he got us lost driving the 30 minutes home. I still think he did it on purpose! I knew it wouldn't be our last date and thankfully it wasn't.

That week we ended up studying at the park, going to Hogi Yogi, going dancing, taking walks, talking on the phone...you get the idea. We fell in love fast and 7 years later I can't imagine anyone more perfect for me.

Just last night we were laying in bed and decided that for our 10 year anniversary we need to go somewhere awesome. It will be in December so I am thinking tropical. I feel so blessed to have a wonderful husband that I can build castle's in the sky with.
This picture is from December 2006, but I just love it! We look so happy and in love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are so happy and in love. Mario is a wonderful guy, you are both very blessed to have each other.

Anja said...

haha so funny b/c Tim booked us a cruise for our 10 year next year! You should go on one too! and plus we are just awesome b/c our anniversaries are on the same day!