Saturday, March 19, 2011

Psychic Abilities

Dinner tonight was like a page out of Harry Potter. Tyler, my (once) loving 2 year-old has decided that he "doesn't like" anything to eat, aside from cookies, candy, and cake. Lovely. So the delicious chicken, cheesy potato, and green bean supper I made for the family was "gross". Kicking and screaming over every little bite, Mario kept sending Tyler to time-out. Adam turns to me through the chaos and says, "Whoa, Mom, I just saw the future! I'm kicking Tyler because he is so annoying." I tried to stifle my smile, but golly is the kid funny! Finally I got Tyler to eat by pretending to cast a spell on his food that made him grow like a giant right before our eyes. He ate the whole plate. If there are any mothers of picky eaters reading this, I'll let you in on the secret spell. It goes: Cheesy, cheesy, cheesy POOF! So now our family has a psychic, giant, and wizard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hopefully Adam's prediction didn't come true.

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

SOOOO funny! Kicking Tyler because he is so annoying. Hilarious.

Kirsten said...

i'm laughing so hard i can hardly type! dalton should have come over for that dinner, because that's what he did to me tonight...arg.