Monday, May 5, 2008

Adam says the darndest things....




Adam says the funniest things! I guess it's part of being two and figuring out how the world works. He just cracks me up!

Like last night we were talking about the baby in my tummy and he goes, "I don't want to go in your tummy! I'm too big!" He was so concerned. And lately he tries to squeeze my tummy and he says, "Oh no! The baby won't come out!" If only it was that easy! How do you explain that to a two year-old? He is also very concerned that the baby has no clothes on. I think I've explained about five times that when the baby is born he can wear pajamas, but in my tummy he doesn't have to.

Potty training of course brings embarrasing moments in public! In church yesterday there was a baby blessing and in the middle of it he started saying (VERY loudly), "I have to go potty! I have to go potty! I have to go potty!" That actually wasn't funny at all at the time...but I think we got some giggles. And boy was my face red! Just today we went to a little family owned store that sells cribs. He went in to use the potty, which happened to be right behind the desk where the store owner was sitting. He says at the top of his voice, "This potty is really, really dirty! I don't need to go any more." Talk about embarrasing! I know the owner heard us. And whenever I go to the bathroom now Adam claps for me and says, "Good Job Mommy! You went potty!" To much info for the other Target bathroom goers!

Oh well! I love my little guys and he certainly keeps me laughing.

1 comments:

Tana said...

Hilarious. We should all give more praise during these trying times!