Monday, July 28, 2008

The Legend of Room 12

So while in the hospital we were pretty much celebrities! Okay, maybe not....but we did hear a lot of "Oh! Are you the one that was in room 12?". Apparently our story is unique so here goes. On Tuesday morning I started having regular 3 minute apart contractions. But with my history (ie. A 3 day labor with Adam) I decided to go about my regular business. So I sent Mario off to work and took Adam to swimming lessons and then to the park to meet friends all the while having strong contractions. Finally I decided (to the insistence of my mom) to head to the Dr. and get checked out. He tells me that I am still in early labor and that they would get me in for an induction as soon as something opened up.


By the time I got home my contractions were really getting hard so my mom decided to fly in a day early to help me out. All night I tried to sleep but kept waking up from the pain. Wednesday morning my mom and I head with Adam to run errands. Thinking it would get my mind off of things we go to Costco. I was sitting at Costco eating Pizza at about 1pm when I start to get LOTS of contractions and VERY grumpy. So after a trip to drop off the groceries and then Adam at my friend Janice's house (Thanks Janice!!!) we go to the Dr.'s. I sat in his waiting room for an hour and a half and start feeling HORRIBLE! He finally checks me and says to get to the hospital right now. So across the street we go at 3pm, get checked in and then things really got exciting. 45 minutes later with not even enough time to get an epidural (which I had really planned on!) I was holding little Tyler! I barely made it to the hospital in time! Luckily, Mario ran in right as I was about to push.

0 comments: