Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Nana and Papa's Visit










This past weekend was so much fun! My little sister works for Alaska Airlines now, which means that my parents get flight benefits. Benefits started July 2, so of course my Mom took the first flight possible that day from Seattle to come visit! Then my Dad was able to come the next evening. Adam just adores my parents (I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual) and loved to show off to them whether it be his swimming, his new big boy bed, playing at the park or riding his bike. He's such a ham so my parents took tons of pictures! On the 4th of July we went to the Central Point Parade in the morning and then to the Red, White, and Boom at Harry and David field for fireworks. There was a jet flyover at the parade so that was really neat. I also put my mom to work and we set up all the babies things. Thanks Mom! So now Mario and my bedroom is full to the brim with a crib, changing table, and bassinet. It's all so cute! Adam and Papa went on lots of walks, both with their binoculars to look at birds. On Saturday we went to the Jacksonville cemetary, which is really old and pretty cool, and then we drove through the Applegate valley to Grant's Pass. In Grant's Pass we went to a park right on the Rogue River and fed the ducks and geese. It was a relaxing visit and lots of fun, but I ate way too much! We had Kaledeiscope and Sonic of course, because it's tradition. We also ate lots of fast food and even went out to a Mexican Restraunt and Coldstone. I didn't think we ate that bad until I went to my Doctor's appointment yesterday and the nurse mentioned that I must of had a great 4th while weighing me! Grrrr....LOL. Oh and by the way, the Dr. says I am nowhere close to having the baby....oh well! The best part about their visit is that everyone is coming back in a couple weeks when the baby is born (well, hopefully the baby will be born while they are here!). My parents have a much more detailed account on their blog, http://www.jandjwalsh.blogspot.com/. Thanks for coming to visit Mom and Dad!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love to visit, you make us feel so comfortable!

Kirsten said...

what fun! now you can come visit me! (i'll call you.) umm...as soon as i wake up enough...i'm so exausted!

Tana said...

So much fun. Good to have mom and dad visit.

Cameron, Shannon Voge said...

look how cute and pregnant you are!!! What a fun visit you had with your parents. Wish we lived closer!

Sirrine said...

I have that exact same brown shirt! Who copied who? J/K