Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Jackson County Fair





Yesterday we decided to brave the heat and head out to the Jackson County Fair which is about five minutes from our house. We met our friends Chris and Janice there and had a great time, but I have to admit I was a little surprised. The only other fair we had ever been to is the Puyallup which is huge so I figured it would be more like that. It was so small it took about 20 minutes to see everything! We were going to let Adam go on a few rides but he is still about 2 inches too short. Poor Adam! On the bright side, we now know not to book a trip to Disneyland anytime soon (unless they sell toddler platform shoes). But he did get to see horses and eat a huge ice cream bar which he totally loved! My favorite part was that included with admission you could go sit in the grass area for the Plain White T's concert. So Adam and Mario got to go to their first punk rock show (I've been to so many I don't think I could count them if I tried)! They are actually really good live. I was super impressed and even Mario who doesn't like that kind of music and REALLY doesn't like sitting in the grass had to admit it was fun! Adam absolutely loved it and the atmosphere was really family friendly despite all the teenagers. Who knows...maybe I have a budding rock star on my hands. The night ended with a great fireworks show and then on to Sonic where we had corn dogs and Strawberry Cream Slushes. We have had a bit of a Sonic obsession this summer.... but it's soooo good! We figured $6 of food at Sonic would have cost $20 at the fair. In all it was a great night, although much to my dismay all the walking did not jump start labor. I wanted to go on the tilt-a-whirl and see if that would get things going, but Mario said no...LOL! It's a good thing we had fun yesterday because Adam now has pink eye and a stomach flu! Eye drops and vomit....fun fun!





7 comments:

Tana said...

Sounds like a fun time. I don't brave the fair at all anymore. You know those Carnie's. They always look for hot mama's like me.

Brian Lutz said...

Sonic obsession? Wherever would you get that idea? Just because I ended up driving 450 miles (round trip) on Saturday for a footlong cheese coney and an Ocean Water doesn't mean I'm obsessed, OK?

The VanderHoevens said...

2 inches is quite a bit - but if he gets closer and you are heading down to Disneyland, we have some inside tricks on the platform shoes :) - Valerie

Kirsten said...

sad that adam's so sick!!!
jelousy right here that you got to see plain white ts...when's the britt children's festival?

The Keenan Family said...

We have sick kids too! Connor has been trowing up since Friday! No fun. Hang in there. Go have a cranberry slush for me.

Unknown said...

We saw the Plain White T's in Belgium...they really are good! But they're teeny tiny men! and I was really surprised one of them was black. That's bad :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.