Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentine's Day

This Valentine's Day Mario and I decided to go out for a night without the kids. We went by the Adult Stake Dance for a little bit. It was a 50's dance (with most people there actually having been in high school during the 50's) and was decorated so cute! There was a little soda shop and everything. Unfortunately Mario and I don't now how to dance swing so we danced bachata (sp?). It was really fun but we were starving so we left to go to dinner. In case you weren't aware...restaurants are really busy on Valentine's Day! The wait at Olive Garden was over an hour and we figured everywhere else would be the same. So we went to the Pita Pit. It was so funny! We were dressed up from the dance and it's Valentines of course but we really wanted to go there because it sounded so good! We were the only customers there and they were so excited that they gave us heart chocolates and everything. It was really fun. Then we had nothing else to do but really didn't want to go home yet. We decided to go to Barnes and Nobles. We walked around and read some. It was a really nice and relaxing evening.

Then on Sunday I decided to do our Valentine's Dinner. Mario had a meeting after church so I beat him home and made steak, mashed potatoes, and chocolate dipped strawberries for lunch. It was really nice.



Adam LOVES mashed potatoes....


...and apparently Tyler does to! I asked Mario to feed Tyler some potatoes and this is what I find. Mario was feeding him from a huge serving spoon. Daddy's can be so funny!



This was my Valentine's Centerpiece...


Then in the evening we invited the missionaries to come over for dinner. I love it when they come! We have the coolest Elders right now and I love the spirit they bring in to our home. We had Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, which was delicious!
It was a really great Valentine's Weekend! The best part was getting to spend so much time with my Eternal Companion! I love you Mario!!!!

1 comments:

Anja said...

awww...you guys are so cute! What a fun date night you had!