Friday, December 12, 2008

Tyler's First Food!




A couple weeks ago Tyler had his four month check up. I can't find the paper with the exact measurments but he is almost 13 lbs. which puts him in the 10th percentile for weight and then he is in the 25th for height. So tall and skinny?!?! That so does not go with our family genes....lol!

The doctor said that he is ready to start rice cereal whenever we are ready. We have only given it to him once because I don't think any actually got in his tummy. He still thrusts his tongue out when we try to feed him. When I put the spoon up to his mouth for the first time he literally attacked it! He lunged for it with his mouth. It was pretty cute. It's been a couple weeks so I need to try again and see if he actually gets some in his tummy. He won't take a bottle so if I could get him to eat rice cereal I can be gone for more than 3 hours and leave him with Mario or a babysitter!

5 comments:

Tana said...

I added the rice to the bottle. I don't know if that works for you but Taryn took it easier mixed with her emfamil. Good luck. Bring extra outfits everywhere now!

The VanderHoevens said...

How did I get the mongo huge baby? Zach was 12lbs 3 oz at his 2 month appt. He is 75% for height and weight. Big difference to all my 10% babies.

The Keenan Family said...

My babies must be huge! Corey was 11 lbs 7 oz at his one month check up!

Pam said...

Big babies are healthy babies. I don't remember what are babies were big or not at that age. It was soooo long ago!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to give him a big hug in a couple of days!!!