Monday, June 9, 2008

Half way to my goal!

Well almost....My goal this year is to read 100 books. In the past I have gone a year without soda, chocolate, and french fries. I thought of doing that again, but as a prego I knew that wouldn't happen. So I was inspired by my friend Tana to read 100 books, which is something she does every year. So far I have read 46 books. I usually read while Adam takes a nap and then during the couple hours between Adam in bed and Mario home from work. I really like this because I watch way less TV than what I was. Some of my favorites have been the Twilight series, The Chronicles of Narnia, and any book by Sophie Kinsella. So here is a little questionaire I got from Tana's blog all about books.

1- Who is your favorite character and what novel were they in?
Ginny Weasley from Harry Potter, I just really like her (Maybe it's the red hair)

2- Which book made you laugh the loudest?
Shopaholic and Baby

3- Which novel made you cry the hardest? The Fire of the Covenant By Gerald Lund

4- Which Antagonist pissed you off the most and what novel were they in?
Everyone who did mean things to Leah in the Abram's Daughters Series

5- Which novel left you scratching your head wondering what the heck had just happened?
A wrinkle is time, I read this book in Elementary and remembered liking it so I read it again. I so did not get it! Maybe you need to be a kid to understand it.

6- Which book are you most glad to have read? I'm really glad that I read Sense and Sensibility. I didn't really like it and it was a hard read. I wanted to give up on it so many times, but in the end I did it!

7- Which book do you think was the biggest waste of your money? I don't buy books. I only go to the library really. But the biggest waste of time was The Mermaid Chair By Sue Monk Kidd. I loved her other book The Secret Life of Bees, but the Mermaid Chair was LAME!

8- Which book scared you the most? Four Blind Mice

9- List a novel that you read because of all the great reviews and hype it got, but left you wondering what all the buzz was about? Twilight...but I still loved it. Does that even make sense?

10- List a novel that others may not have heard of, but that you really liked, and would like us to take a peek at. Anything by Roald Dahl. I know everyone has heard of him and they are kids books. But just read them as an adult...you won't regret it!

4 comments:

Clair said...

100 books in a year? I read a lot and have never done that. My goal this year is to actually read less-I am trying to keep it under 60. I am not doing too bad, I am at 25 right now.

Tana said...

You are kicking my butt. I need to read some more to catch up.

I agree with Mermaid Chair. I couldn't even get through it.

Unknown said...

oh no, I think I gave you four blind mice. Try Sundays at Tiffanys by patterson...its much lighter :)

Kirsten said...

have you sent me any pictures yet?
it was so fun to see you guys today!