Thursday, June 5, 2008

Ducks




Yesterday Adam and I went with a group of friends to Grants Pass, which is about a half a hour away. Our friends, the Mason's, just moved there so we had to check out their new home and city. We went to the Super Walmart with 6 kids under the age of five, which was an adventure and then on to the park. It is this really neat park right on the Rogue River. We had a picnic (Adam and I had Hamburgers from Mc Donald's with chocolate milk, of course.....it was Wednesday of Ernesta Week) and then fed the ducks. Okay so the ducks weren't so bad to feed but there were tons of huge geese that were pretty mean and wanted to bite. I couldn't believe how many ducks, geese, and pigeons came flocking as soon as the bread came out. There were even goslings which were super cute. Adam absolutely loves all birds, thanks to my dad, so he had a blast. After the park Kirsten, Janice, and I went to a few cute little antique shops in downtown. Antique shops with toddlers are pretty risky! But luckily with a lot of "keep your hands behind your back" comments we made it out without breaking anything. It was really fun to see all the cool antiques, but some of the prices blew me away. I guess I don't know very much about collectibles. All in all it was a really great day!

0 comments: