Sunday, February 27, 2011

Yikes!

So, this morning I got a call from a member of our bishopric for Mario and I to meet with him. Never a good sign. At first I thought maybe Mario was being released as Elder's Quorum President and was excited until he reminded me that it is a Stake calling. Then I knew it was for me. I was shocked when I was asked to be CUB SCOUT LEADER! Can't say I expected that one. I was released from my 4 year long calling as Relief Society Secretary. Since this morning I have been so sad to leave Relief Society. I was working with the most fantastic women and I will miss it. After the sadness subsided the panic set in. Me? In Scouts?! With 8 year old boys?! I know nothing, zip, zilch, nada about the Boy Scout program. I don't camp, I'm not a pro knot tyer, I have no clue how to sew patches on shirts. But the Lord has asked me to serve and I will do it. I think it will be fun and a huge learning experience. If anything it will teach me how to pray and rely on the Lord.

5 comments:

Phillip Mason said...

go linda go linda go!

Phillip Mason said...

(wait, that was me, kirsten! i don't know what happened to my name up there)

Anonymous said...

poor Linda, you have so much to offer those boys. You will do a fantastic job. Considering you have three of your own you may be there for a while.

Unknown said...

Your in it for the long haul now. Look at the bright side, you get to wear one of the yellow women's leader shirts! haha. Scouting is awesome!

The VanderHoevens said...

I totally understand. Scouting has been like a whole new world. At least now, I am understanding it and will be better prepared for Ben and Zach. You will do great at it!