Saturday, June 5, 2010

Memorial Day at the Cemetery



Last weekend was Memorial Day and my Mom, Dad, and sisters came to visit from Washington! We were kinda hoping to have a baby for them to see, but he apparently has his own schedule. On Sunday after church and a delicious London broil my dad made, we decided to head to Eagle Point. They have a Veteran's Cemetery there that was all decked out with flags for Memorial Day. It was so neat to see all the people from this area that have selflessly served our country. It was interesting to see the different religious symbols on each head stone. What a neat and humbling experience!
Mario had the day off and was able to join us.

Tyler loves his Aunt Jennie and I'm pretty sure she likes him as well!

My Dad, Mario and Tyler = 3 of my favorite guys!


This is Tyler's new smile when he sees a camera...cracks me up!


Laura, Jennie, and I. I love my sisters! (I don't know how my mom got out of having a picture of her taken!)

Adam kept knocking on the ground to see if anyone was in there. I don't think he believed us that bodies were actually buried under the grass. It was hilarious.


I think we will make this a new tradition. I really want my boys to learn about our country and the many people who have sacrificed so we can have so many freedoms. Thank you to all those veterans and those who are serving today!

0 comments: